According to Ayurveda, there are a host of benefits of drinking water from a copper vessel. Copper vessels have been used in many asian countries, mostly India, for thousands of years. Studieshave shown that drinking water from copper vessels offers many positive benefits. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has registered copper as the only solid material that kills bacteria and protects us from susceptible health risks. Do know that all copper vessels are not treated equal. The copper vessel must be made from 100% copper. The bottle I choose to use is from COPPER H2O. Each of their copper bottles is shaped from a single sheet of 100% pure copper, with no joints or seams. The result is a bottle of exceptional quality.
Here are the top 10 reasons you should drink water from a copper vessel:
- Stimulates the Brain ~ Our brain works by transmitting impulses from one neuron to another. The neurons are covered by a myelin sheath that sort of acts like a conductive agent. Copper helps in phospholipids that are essential for the myelin sheaths. Thereby, making your brain work faster and more efficiently.
- Slows Down Aging ~ Drinking water from a copper vessel can dramatically decrease the appearance of fine lines and slow down the appearance of aging. Water stored in copper vessel is packed with very strong antioxidant and cell forming properties, copper fights free radicals and helps in the productions of new skin cells.
- Maintains Cardiovascular Health ~ Copper has been found to help minimize the risk of developing Heart Disease by regulating blood pressure, heart rate and lower’s cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Helps to prevent the build up of plaque in the arteries and dilates blood vessels for better blood flow to the heart.
- Supports the Thyroid Gland ~ Experts say the one of the most commonality among people with thyroid disease is the the low levels of copper in their bodies. Copper is one of the most important trace minerals and plays and essential part in the function of the thyroid gland. Drinking water from a copper vessel helps to make up for the deficiency and regulates the proper functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Improves the Digestive System ~ Drinking water from a copper vessel helps the digestive system perform better. It flushes out the stomach and digestive track and helps to detox the liver and kidneys, kills harmful bacteria and reduces inflammation in the stomach. I start my day off by drinking water stored over night in my copper water bottle.
- Can Fight Off Cancer ~ Water stored in a copper vessel is loaded with anti-oxidants. According to the American Cancer Society the exact mechanism of how copper helps proven the onset of cancer is still not known but studies have shown that copper complexes have a considerable anti-cancer effect.
- Keeps Skin Healthy ~ Copper is the main component in the production of melanin in our bodies. While melanin helps the body stay safe from sun damage, speeds up wound healing and covers scars, the production of new cells is a boon for smooth, blemish free and clear skin. Ayurveda experts say that drinking this water on a regular basis, especially in the morning on an empty stomach, can make a significant difference in the health of your skin.
- Fights Arthritis and inflamed Joints ~ Copper has very potent anti-inflammatory properties. This asset is especially great to relieve aches and pains due to inflamed joints – like in the case of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Copper also has bone and immune system strengthening properties, making it the perfect remedy for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. This is where drinking water infused with copper is a great way to find relief from the aches and pains of these diseases.
- Aids in Weight Loss ~ If your diet just doesn’t seem to be helping you lose weight, try drinking water stored in a copper vessel on a regular basis. Apart from fine tuning your digestive system to perform better, copper also helps your body break down fat and eliminate it more efficiently. Thereby helping your body keep only what it will use and throw out the rest.
- Builds a Strong Immune System ~ Copper is known to be oligodynamic in nature (the sterilizing effect of metals on bacteria), and can destroy bacteria very effectively. It is especially effective against E.coli and S.aureus – two bacteria that are commonly found in our environment and are known to cause severe illnesses in the human body. Known to help prevent common water borne diseases like diarrhea, dysentery and jaundice, copper has been touted as the cheapest solution to cleaning water in countries that do not have a good sanitation system.
Copper is not innately utilized by our body. That is why too much of the metal can be detrimental. According to the FDA about 12mg/day is more than sufficient for the body to use without causing any harm. So, do not overdo the entire exercise. Drinking water twice or three times a day from a copper vessel is more than enough to reap its benefits. I also drink from my copper water bottle for 3 months and take a month off. You can also drink copper infused water for 3 weeks and take a week off.