Fall is in the air! Just eat real food! Right? This recipe is full of real ingredients and easy to make. Sorry, it is not vegan or gluten free. Enjoy! (I modified the Banana Bread recipe from “The Best Recipe Cookbook” by the editors of Cook’s Illustrated magazine.)
A delicious Pumpkin Bread that can be thrown together in about 20 minutes.
1. Melt butter and set aside to cool.
2. Toast walnuts and set aside.
3. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle rack and heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bottom only of a regular loaf pan, or grease and flour bottom and sides of nonstick loaf pan: set aside.
4. Whisk first eight ingredients (flour-walnuts) together in large bowl; set aside.
5. Whisk together remaining ingredients (pumpkin-vanilla) with a wooden spoon in a medium bowl. Lightly fold the pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky. Scrape batter into the prepared loaf pan: bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.